We all know the frustrations – and dangers of Austin traffic. Now, thanks to the folks at INRIX Traffic! [iTunes link, FREE] — an amazing app that helps you plan your travel to avoid traffic in real-time, we’ve learned just how bad it is –– We have the fourth worst traffic in the country.
Using statistics generated by Traffic! app users as they travel, and compiled by INRIX on their servers – we can now understand just how bad things are:
- Weekly hours of bottleneck congestion: 460
- Worst bottleneck: Northbound, Riverside Dr
- Length of worst bottleneck: .92 mi
- Weekly hours of congestion on worst bottleneck: 47
- Speed of worst bottleneck when congested: 16.2 mph
Special thanks to CapMac’s Craig K. Gowens for the tip, and ruining my day… :-)